If you suffer from back pain on a regular basis, the Dru back-care programme is a great way to get your back moving again.
The programme is built around six weeks of 60-minute classes that include specific gentle movements to release tension and reduce pain whilst also increasing strength, balance and mobility in the body.
- 6 x 60 minute weekly online or in-studio classes.
- A short consultation with me after session one to help you create/support your home practice.
- Handouts and video resources.
- Recorded sessions so if you can’t make any of them live, you can catch up in your own time.
To teach this programme, I have completed and passed the Dru post-graduate course in Back Care and Wellbeing for Social Prescribing.
When does it start?
The online sessions start Tuesday 7 June at 12:30pm via Zoom.
How much does it cost?
Sessions will run at the same time each week, with the Tuesday lunchtime session being recorded for catch-up purposes.
£59 for the full programme.
Where did it come from?
The Dru Yoga Back Care Programme is an evidence-based programme that has been created by health professionals including GPs, physiotherapists, yoga-therapists and osteopaths, and is backed up by clinical studies by senior Dru Yoga teacher and Senior Researcher at Bangor University, Dr Ned Hartfiel. To date, he has conducted three research studies on Dru Yoga in the workplace.
His research has found that Dru Yoga reduced back pain, improved wellbeing, and saved the NHS sickness absence days due to back pain.
The clinical trial with 150 NHS staff showed impressive benefits for those taking part:
• 90% reported less back pain
• 97% recommended the programme
• 90% had more self-confidence even while experiencing stress
• and, 80% improved in their energy levels.
Not sure if this is a good fit for you? Please do get in touch for a quick chat. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can text/call me on 07905 384837 to discuss.
These sessions are suitable for most people with back pain; however, all class members are required to complete a short screening form to ensure this course is suitable for your needs.